TERMS OF SERVICE
The Website is a crowdfunding platform dedicated to providing entrepreneurs of color with a community of supporters to get feedback, share stories, and raise early-stage dollars. Through crowdfunding, entrepreneurs are able to gain market validation, traction and funding. However, Supporters must make their own decisions as to whether to contribute to REUNION Campaigns based purely on their own evaluation of the merits of the underlying business details in the REUNION Campaign. Any donations offered to founders are split equally between all founders in the REUNION campaign.
THIS AGREEMENT is made between REUNION and You. If you wish to launch a Campaign or make a Contribution via REUNION, you must agree to Terms of Website Use below. If you do not agree to any of the terms, you must not use the Website.
The following words shall have the following meanings unless the context otherwise requires:
“Agreement” means this contract, as agreed between You and REUNION.
“Supporter” a person or entity that makes a Contribution to the Crowdfunding Campaign.
“Campaign” a fundraising campaign for a particular group of businesses.
“Founder” a person or entity wishing to raise funds for a business.
“Campaign Page” the description of the founders businesses, videos, business basics, and fundraising goals.
“Confidential Information” shall mean;
(A) information of whatever nature which is obtained by the Receiving Party or any of its Associated Companies or Related Persons relating to (a) the Purpose or (b) relating to the Disclosing Party, the Disclosing Party Group or any of their Related Persons, either before or after the date of this Agreement, either in written form or other permanent form, or orally, from the Disclosing Party, the Disclosing Party Group or any of their Related Persons or Associated Companies whether marked confidential or not and any Crowdfunding Materials.
“Crowdfunding” means fundraising on an online platform.
“Contribution” a donation to a Campaign made via the Service.
“Disclosing Party” shall mean the Party disclosing Confidential Information.
“Inaccurate” giving a false or misleading impression of a Project.
“Net Contribution” the Contribution minus the Platform Fee and Processing Charges.
“Platform” the REUNION website available at www.joinreunion.com.
“Platform Fee” five percent of each Contribution retained by REUNION for its services.
2. The Founder agrees to the following terms:
- Are committed to creating transparency between the Founder, the founders in the REUNION and the Campaign’s Supporters; and
- It will use the Net Contribution solely for completing the Campaign and will not use them for any purpose not specified in the REUNION Campaign Page.
- It is 18 years of age or above, if it is outside this age range, that it has received authorization from REUNION to be a Founder on the Website;
- The Founder recognizes and accepts that it bears sole responsibility for all information which it may provide to REUNION about its Campaign(s) and which may be posted on the Website, as part of the Campaign Page or elsewhere. The Founder hereby indemnifies all Supporters to its Campaigns, and REUNION, against all losses arising from any information, which that Founders provides to REUNION or otherwise transmits via the Service, which is Unacceptable or Inaccurate.
- The Founder acknowledges that all Contributions made via the Website will be subject to the deduction of Platform Fee and Processing Charges prior to the transfer of the Net Contribution to the Founder.
- The Founder acknowledges that all campaign donations will be split equally across those in a REUNION cluster.
- The Founder acknowledges that it will be responsible for and undertakes to pay all taxes, fees, and duties whether if required for Net Contributions received through REUNION.
- The Founder agrees to complete REUNION’s Impact Assessment post-campaign.
- If the Founder wishes to terminate or postpone its Crowdfunding Campaign, the Founder shall express this intention in writing.
- REUNION shall retain the right at all times to remove any information or material from the Website for any reason and at its sole discretion.
3. The Supporter agrees to the following terms:
- All contributions made via the Service are at the Supporter’s risk and based on its own judgment; REUNION cannot guarantee the accuracy of any Campaign Page details, the integrity of any Campaign and REUNION shall not have any responsibility or liability for such Project Details or the decision by a Supporter to make a Contribution.
- All conditions and warranties whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, which relate to the accuracy of the Campaign Page details are hereby expressly excluded.
- The Supporter acknowledges and accepts that REUNION shall deduct the Platform Fee as well as any Processing Charges from each Contribution prior to conveying the Net Contribution to the Founder.
4. TERMS WHICH APPLY TO ALL USERS
- The User agrees that, in registering to use the Service it shall provide accurate Registration Details, which it will update as required in order to ensure their continued accuracy.
- The User hereby warrants to REUNION that it is at least 18 years of age and has the ability to enter into the terms.
- The User acknowledges that REUNION has the right to suspend or cancel any Campaign or any Contribution for any reason and at its sole discretion. Users acknowledge that REUNION is not obliged to provide any prior notice of, or explanation for cancellation of a campaign.
- The User’s Registration Details and data relating to its use of the Service will be recorded by REUNION but this information shall not be disclosed to third parties (otherwise than as set out herein or on an aggregated, anonymous basis) nor used for any purpose unrelated to the Service.
- REUNION reserves the right to suspend or terminate a User’s account for any reason and at its sole discretion where it deems such action appropriate. In the event of such suspension or termination, REUNION will notify the User by email and the User agrees that it shall not seek to re-register on the Website either directly or indirectly through any related entity or third-party.
- While REUNION makes no undertaking to act on any such reports, Users undertake to promptly report any suspected infringement of Intellectual Property Rights or other dishonest behavior, which they encounter on the Website or Service to REUNION.
- Users agree that REUNION is a mere intermediary and conduit and is not responsible for any disputes that may arise between Users, Users further agree that any such disputes shall be resolved directly between the Users involved and that REUNION shall not be a party to those disputes.
5 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- All material displayed on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties.
- To the extent permitted by law, REUNION expressly excludes all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law, or the law of equity.
- REUNION shall not be liable for any loss of income or revenue, business, profits or any loss of anticipated saving, any loss of data, or any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, howsoever suffered by any User arising in any way in connection with this Agreement, in connection with the use of the Service and/or Website, in respect of Contributions, or in respect of any receipt or failure to receive any Rewards, or for any liability of a User to any third party.
- REUNION will make all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the Website, it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for viruses or other similar harmful software. The User agrees that it will take all appropriate safeguards to secure its computing equipment before accessing or downloading any information from the Website.
- REUNION is not liable for the accuracy or otherwise of any content posted by a User in respect of another User or a Campaign on www.joinreunion.com.
- REUNION is not liable for any failure in respect of its obligations hereunder which results directly or indirectly from failure or interruption of software or services provided by third parties.
- REUNION is not responsible for the direct or indirect consequences of a User linking to any other website from the Website.
- No matter how many claims are made and whatever the basis of such claims, REUNION’s maximum aggregate liability to a User under or in connection with this Agreement in respect of any loss not excluded by this Agreement, whether such claim arises in contract, tort, or otherwise, shall not exceed.
- REUNION shall not be liable for any information or material posted by Users on the Website which refers to other Users. All Users accept that such content is based on subjective opinions, is not endorsed by REUNION, and is made available on the Website for information purposes only.
- REUNION accepts no liability whatsoever in respect of any use which a User may make of information which appears on the Website.
- This Agreement is made between REUNION and the User accepting it. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
6 WARRANTIES AND IMDEMNITY
- REUNION does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via www.joinreunion.com is accurate, complete, truthful or current. Users accept that they are responsible for verifying all information on which they choose to rely, particularly information on which they may rely in deciding whether or not to make a Contribution.
- The User hereby agrees to indemnify REUNION and undertakes to keep REUNION indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by REUNION to a third party in settlement of any claim or dispute on the advice of REUNION’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by REUNION as a result of any breach by that User of any provisions of this Agreement, from any dispute arising from that User’s use of the Service to advertise a Campaign, or from your use of the Website or Service more generally.
- In the event of reimbursement of a Net Contribution by the Founder to the Supporter in any circumstances, REUNION shall not be liable to refund the Platform Fee or any Processing Charges to the Founder or Supporter.
- In the event that any Project Details are Inaccurate, the Supporter’s only remedy will be to seek a refund of any Contribution from the relevant Founder. If any Contributions are still held by REUNION and REUNION considers that the Campaign Page details are Inaccurate, it will make such refund minus any Processing Charges. However, if such monies have already been transferred to the Founder, it will be at the Founder’s discretion whether to make such refund and if it does then the Founder is likely to deduct payment processing charges it incurs from such sum.
- In the event that REUNION cancels a Campaign, if REUNION is then holding any Contributions already made in respect of that Campaign it will refund such Contributions minus any Processing Charges.
- In consideration of the provision of Confidential Information by the Disclosing Party for the purpose of performing this Agreement, each Party in respect of Confidential Information for which it is the Receiving Party shall procure that its Associated Companies and Related Persons shall take all reasonable precautions in dealing with such Confidential Information so as to prevent any third party from having access to it;
- use such Confidential Information solely for the purpose of this Agreement; and permit access to such Confidential Information only to those of its personnel or Associated Companies and Related Persons who need to know for performing this Agreement and not take copies of such Confidential Information other than is strictly necessary pursuant to Clause.
- REUNION reserves the right to alter the terms of this Agreement from time to time. While REUNION may notify Users of such changes to this Agreement it is under no obligation to do so and by accepting this Agreement you agree that you will check the version of the Agreement in force before you launch a Campaign or make a Contribution.
- If any provision of this Agreement or part thereof shall be void for whatever reason, it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect. REUNION reserves the right to assign or subcontract any or all of its rights and obligations under this Agreement.
- The User may not assign or otherwise transfer its rights or obligations under this Agreement without REUNION’s prior written consent.
- REUNION shall not be liable for any loss suffered by any User or be deemed to be in default for any delays or failures in performance hereunder resulting from acts or causes beyond its reasonable control or from any acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority.
- Any delay or forbearance by REUNION in enforcing any provisions of this Agreement or any of its rights hereunder shall not be construed as a waiver of such provision or right thereafter to enforce the same.
By using the site, you accept the terms above as the exclusive basis which governs my use of www.joinreunion.com.